Total Pageviews

Friday, April 22, 2011

Groupons,Dailydeals & Yipits. Oh,My!


I am obsessed with any kind of deal..So, for the last eight months my inbox has gotten inundated every morning with hundreds of deals from all different websites.
I have bought everything; Crafting in Brooklyn, Yoga in Midtown and lingerie in the Village.
Some have been successes and others failures. My biggest pitfall has to be exercise deals, they are so alluring and make you feel good about yourself for the rest of the day. You may ask well have I participated in the stiletto work out, boot camp or striper-robic's ? The answer is no, not yet...I will keep you posted on my future adventures and remember these deals ALWAYS come with a nearing expatriation date so use em' or loose em'. All of these companies have App's for Smartphones so the tempt of the deal mixed with the excitement of trying something new is purchased with ease.

I do have to say, they make fun gifts. Girlfriends going to sip cocktails at the Gansevoort with Candace Bushnell on a spring evening sounds rather pleasant and is better than getting her another boxed set of candles from Diptyque.

Check out the sites and poke around, see if anything catches your interest.
They wont all be winners but I think it's worth the gamble.
Check out GiltCity and LivingSocial I have found some of my best ones there.

& Lastly, as having experience being on the receiving end of the deal...Please act right, if you are at a restaurant or getting a facial tip on the original full amount NOT the amount you paid for it...I mean come on' you already got a deal the least you can do is tip correctly, if not generously.
If you are in a store act politely and be honest, there is no need to hide the fact that you have a discount; no one will be mad or treat you any differently. In fact, businesses like to know that the advertising was successful in gaining new clients. So go out there & get your Groupon on.

No comments:

Post a Comment